Interested in learning more about the pleasures of anal stimulation? Anal play can be extremely pleasurable, whether it is practiced solo or with a partner. Continue reading for a beginners guide to anal play!
- What is an Anal Orgasm?
- How Do You Have an Anal Orgasm?
- 4 Ways to Stimulate the Anus
- 8 Tips for Satisfying Anal Play
- Does Anal Sex Hurt?
- How Can I Get More Comfortable with Anal?
- What is an Anal Plug?
An anal orgasm isn’t a prostate orgasm or a G-spot orgasm. It’s a completely different kind of orgasm that anyone with a booty can have. Anal orgasms are really straightforward, they are what they say they are - delightful climaxes reached by stimulating the nerves in and around the anus.
This is one type of pleasure you’ll want to do a little preparing for to be sure you’re maximizing your comfort and avoiding STI’s. You’ll want to stock up on condoms and a thicker, water-based style of lubricant like Wicked Anal Jelle or Intimate Earth Hydra before you get down to business.
B-Vibe Vibrating Snug Plug, $95.00
Available in 2 Sizes
- Penetration: Penetration can be accomplished using a penis, dildo, strap-on (check out our blog on pegging here), and other sex toys meant to be fun for your butt like the We-Vibe Ditto.
- The number one tip for satisfying anal play? A great lubricant. The sphincter muscles do not self-lubricate, so a hydrating lubricant is essential to comfortable and safe anal play. Stretching the rectum without the aid of a lubricant can result in painful and uncomfortable anal fissures.
- If you’re new to anal play, consider using an anal training kit like the Lovers Anal Training Plug Set. This set features three anal plugs that go up gradually in size and can help you get used to the stretch and feeling of fullness.
- Take a pre-sexy time shower or bath to unwind and clean up at the same time. We love the Ultimate Cleaning System to help with those, ahem, hard to reach places. A clean butthole is a sexy butthole.
- Listen to some erotic audio, read an erotic novel or watch a little porn to get your mind in the mood.
- Be sure to trim and file your fingernails and wash your hands well beforehand.
- If you plan to try penetrative anal sex, always wear a condom to keep both you and your partner safe.
- Don’t forget the foreplay! Prep yourself with gentle touches, or prep your partner with touching, kissing and/or sucking on their delightful, clean, and shiny butthole.
- For partnered anal play, always get consent and continue to check in with your partner on how things are going and feeling throughout the experience.
Mild discomfort when first experiencing anal penetration is normal. Anal sex is is meant to be enjoyable, but can require some getting used to. If you are new to anal stimulation, consider using a product like Intimate Earth's Daring Anal Relaxer to help open up the sphincter and become more receptive to penetration.
B-Vibe's Vibrating Jewel Plug, $125.00
It can be difficult to overcome some of the conditioning we’ve experienced related to our anuses. When we grow up, we are told that our anus is an area that expels waste. We are told to apologize for natural bodily occurrences if they happen to get out of our control, and in some cases, we deny these occurrences outright. It’s perfectly normal to feel some discomfort when someone tells you that your butthole is a magical pleasure zone- contradicting everything you’ve been told as a child. Anal relaxers (not desensitizers) can be used to help your body feel more receptive to penetration, but you may find that the best way to ease into anal is to take your time. Give your body plenty of opportunities to explore, and do it at your own pace. Your partners can help you to feel more comfortable by helping to create a relaxing setting- offering you a massage or drawing up a hot bath can be great ways to relax you physically and mentally.
PRO TIP: The anal canal is not self-lubricating. Always use a lubricant when stimulating the rectum to prevent painful tears and abrasions.
An anal plug is a sex toy designed to stretch and fill the anal canal. People who are interested in anal sex can use an anal plug or anal training kit to stretch the rectal tissues to a desired length and width. Other people enjoy anal plugs for the feel and aesthetic they provide. Worn on its own, and anal plug can add sensation to basic movements like walking and sitting. If you plan to wear your plug for an extended period of time, consider purchasing a long-wear plug. Long-wear plugs have a curved base that is designed to sit snuggly between your cheeks to make sitting and walking more comfortable. Anal plugs can even be worn during penetrative sex, which can be highly stimulating for the wearer.
PRO TIP: Never put anything inside your anus that does not have a well-defined base. If something happens to get lost up there, DO NOT attempt to retrieve it. This may cause the object to recede further up the rectum. Do not attempt to visit a clinic or urgent care facility, as they will not have the tools needed to extract the object. Visit your nearest hospital to have this item safely removed.